Workshop Supply List
We have tried to limit the amount of supplies you will need to bring with you. The Flea Market trip in Athens should help in your quest for some assemblage bits and pieces.
What WE will provide:
- GOLDEN Artist Acrylics Paint (all of our favorites plus some grecian inspired classic colors)
- Assorted nuts, bolts, screws etc.
- Small assortment of ephemera/collage material made especially for our trip
- Water containers, palettes and paper towels
Make sure you bring a larger suitcase and leave extra room for your art to come home with home.
What YOU will need to bring:
- A box or tin that will fit at least four thin wood or canvas boards in the interior (check sample)
- Canvas boards or thin wood panels 5"X7" or 6"X8" (these come as a four-pack from Michaels, most art supply stores carry both the canvas and the wood)
- A large lens (a large magnifying glass is perfect for this)
- Imagery to collage with.... faces, animals, decorative designs, symbols, flowers, text, wings, mythological beings, whatever strikes your fancy (remember our panels are about 5-6"X7-8" so keep scale in mind) Also don't bring everything you own, one file folder full of imagery should work just fine. ***NO inkjet prints please - laser print or photocopy. I’ll be sending you some links to some of my favorite online resources to find images if you’re stuck.
- Paintbrushes - bring just a few in different sizes and a couple of good quality detail brushes.
- GOLDEN Matte Medium – about 8-12 oz.
- E6000 adhesive small size
- Aves Epoxy Clay, we recommend you order this early from https://www.avesstudio.com/apoxie/apoxie-clay, the 1 pound size should be plenty (if you think you’ll be doing a lot of sculpting you might want to bring 3 pounds).
- We will be going shopping in Athens, but because there is no way of knowing exactly what you'll find it's a really good idea to bring a small box full of some of your favorite found object-y things (maybe use your tin or box to bring your items in). Things like keys, chains, jewelry pieces, door knobs, doll/figurine parts, wings, beads, various doodads, etc.