Option A: $3350 single occupancy
Option B: $3150 double occupancy (shared room)
Students can share a room for a $200 discount
Prices for Accompanying Partner, Spouse, Friend, etc.:
We have pricing available to accommodate partners, spouses, friends, etc. who wish to come to Cortona with workshop participants, but not participate in the ICON workshop. Please email Stacey for details and pricing: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is included in the price:
- 4 days of workshop instruction with Michael and Andrea and workshop kit provided (you will be asked to bring some additional art supplies)
- Our fabulous Workshop space is located at the hotel, Casa per Ferie Santa Margherita and accessible all week.
- Tour of Cortona on first day, given by Stacey
- 8 nights lodging at Casa Per Ferie Santa Margherita A guest house convent/hotel run by the nuns of the Santa Margherita Order. The hotel is located just a few moments walk from the center of Cortona.
- Taxi pick up and departure at the Terontola-Camucia train station. The taxi will take you up the Cortona mountain directly to the hotel. Upon departure the following week, the taxi will transport you back to the train station.
- Daily Continental breakfast
- Free wi-fi
- Welcome aperitivo and dinner on arrival evening
- Cooking class with dinner following at Casa San Marco, Stacey’s Cortona Home 1-light lunch in Cortona during the week
- Farewell dinner on last evening
- Day Excursion to Florence, light lunch + gelato, all transportation costs to Florence included. Visit to the Bargello Museum, ticket price included.
- Day Excursion to Arezzo Antique Market, all transportation costs to Arezzo included.
- Advice on travel plans before, during and after the workshop, by Stacey.
What is not included in the price:
- Air Travel Costs
- Transportation to and from Cortona airport
- Meals and beverages, except where indicated in itinerary
- Optional activities
- Additional nights lodging
A deposit of 50% of the workshop fee is due upon registration,
Option A of $3350 single occupancy will be a $1675 deposit. Option B of $3150 double occupancy will be a $1575 deposit.
The remaining 50 % balance will be due November 1, 2015.
***For students registering after November 1, 2015, we cannot guarantee accommodations at the hotel. If you register after Nov 1, please contact us and we will see what arrangements can be made, if necessary. Please email Stacey at : email@example.com
Cancellation and Refunds
There is a cancellation fee of $500 before Nov 1, 2015. We will refund the remainder of any monies paid minus the $500 if we receive your cancellation in writing before November 1, 2015.
If cancellation of the workshop occurs AFTER Nov. 1, 2015, for any reason, there will be NO refund on any monies paid up until that point.
Although unlikely, the workshop may be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. If cancelled, the entire monies paid at that point, will be refunded within 2 weeks of the cancellation. Once this occurs, Michael and Andrea De Meng and Stacey Mattraw have no other financial obligations including any additional costs or fees related to the issuance and/or cancellation of non refundable airline tickets or other travel reservations.
It is strongly recommended that all tour participants purchase Trip Cancellation, Emergency Medical Evacuation, Baggage, Accident and Medical insurance covering all trip and workshop costs from a reputable insurance company. Michael deMeng, Andrea Matus and Stacey Mattraw are not liable for cancellation of trip for any reason other than us canceling the workshop. While not an endorsement, travel insurance options can be found at www.insuremytrip.com
Itinerary or Program Modifications
While every effort will be made to carry out the program as planned, the program as described is subject to modification and change, due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
The minimum age limit for the trip is 16. Those under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. There is no maximum age limit. Participants must be in excellent health and able to participate in trip activities, which includes walking over moderate or strenuous, uneven terrain.